Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Stop 14: Oregonia, OH

First of all, the pronunciation of this town name might feed right into Briar and her friends' discussion of the pronunciation of Oregon (the correct way, ORegun vs the Eastern alternative, oreGONE). Neither of those sound right with an -ia on the end so I'll call it oreGOnia.

As I suspected in my last post, our campground, just off the first ramp on the Indiana side of the Ohio River was as far as we'll get into Indiana on this trip. On our way to Oregonia, we were in Kentucky until we crossed the Ohio at Cincinnati.

I don't know what I expected but Cincinnati looked like a very pretty city as we passed through. For that matter, except for the highway reconstruction nightmare, Louisville looked pretty nice. Both cities have a lot of very modern architecture along their riverfronts.

Oregonia is about 40 miles North of Cincinnati. Not much here other than a lot of beautiful trees. The campground is about 1/2 mile back into the trees and, with the exception of the birds, we didn't hear a sound last night. Beautiful place - not your normal campground.

There's a stream just beyond the treeline.
I'm posting this a day late. Wifi wasn't working here yesterday and, when I was trying to at least get the text portion done using Notepad, I somehow got the numlock turned on on the computer and half of my letters were coming out as numbers. I couldn't figure it out yesterday but woke up this morning and thought "Duh! Numlock must be on". Seems like kind of a useless feature.

-JC-

No comments:

Post a Comment